My little Pulsin obsession
Welcome to my first product review here at My Life Is For Living.
A little DISCLAIMER before I start. I want to make it clear that I am in no way sponsored by Pulsin (or any other brands henceforth) to share my posts. I have chosen to write about Pulsin because I genuinely love their products, not because they asked me to. All opinions here are mine and mine only!
Now to my little Pulsin obsession...
I regularly get asked what my favourite snacks are, so for my first product review I thought I'd share one of my long-standing favourites; Pulsin bars. These bars also tie in perfectly for Veganuary as they are one of the few vegan protein bars options available that I feel are actually worth buying.
Pulsin stock a range of natural protein bars, protein powders and healthy treats. The main ones I'm focusing on are their protein bars. Pulsin do four vegan protein bars (Vanilla Choc Chip, Mint Choc Chop, Orange Choc Chip, and Maple & Peanut) and also one non vegan protein bar (Maple & Whey). They are all gluten free, dairy free, soya free, and non GM. Personally, I love the taste and texture of all their protein bars. They hold together well, but are not overly chewy, and they certainly don't have a sickly sweet after taste.
In addition (although not a protein bar), I couldn't resist sharing my new discovery, the Peanut Choc Chip Raw Choc Brownie. Healthy, but a little more indulgent in taste, this one is great for when you want something a little more chocolatey. Pulsin also stock three other Raw Choc Brownies (Almond & Raisin, Maca Bliss, and Raspberry & Goji), which are all delicious too!
So what's inside a Pulsin protein bar?
- A blend of rice and pea proteins
- Approximately 12-13g of protein per bar
- No artificial sweeteners or refined sugars
- Plenty of chocolate chip chunks (in the Vanilla, Mint and Orange).
- Cashews, almonds and/or peanuts blended with cacao butter
Why I love them?
- High protein for a sustained energy release (e.g. pre or post exercise)
- Low sugar - unlike many snack bars they don't contain any dates!
- Delicious chocolate chip chunks (making a perfect protein packed dessert)
- Quick and easy to eat on the go
- Perfect handbag size (yes, really) 'just in case' the munchies strike. You never know when it will come in handy - public transport chaos, getting caught up at work, or a friend running late for dinner.
- Often on offer! Keep an eye on their website and stockists. For example, they are currently 'buy two get the third free' in Wholefoods. A bargain not to be missed!
Which is my favourite?
This changes from time to time, but currently my favourite is definitely the Mint Choc Chip. The peppermint flavour comes from an additional dash of peppermint oil. This is strong enough to add a delicious flavour, without being overpowering. I love having it alongside a coffee. Cacao and coffee (double caffeination) is always a winning combination!
For more information about Pulsin, their products, or where you can buy some for yourself, please take a look at their website www.pulsin.co.uk or find them on Amazon.
I hope you found this useful. Perhaps it will inspire you to give them a try? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Do you agree or disagree? Do you have a favourite? Are they any other snacks you would recommend? Let me know as I'll be sharing more of my favourites over the coming months.
Until next time,