Creamy Tofu One Pot
I’ll keep this one short and sweet, as this one doesn’t need much of an explanation. It’s a deliciously simple one-pan dish that takes minutes to make. The recipe serves one, but it can be easily doubled, leaving you leftovers for the next day as it travels well too!
It’s made with the Mr Organic Grilled Pepper Add-In, which adds a delicious creaminess, pimping what would be a fairly simple dish into something special. I was kindly sent a jar of the Mr Organic Grilled Pepper Add-In to try. At first I wasn’t sure what to do with it, but after using it in this dish, I’m sold! It’s thicker and creamier than a traditional tomato sauce, so it can be used in multiple ways. However, I don’t like sharing recipes that are too specific, as I want anyone and everyone to be able to give them a try, so if you can’t get hold of a jar of the Grilled Pepper Add-In, then don’t worry. This dish works equally well with regular pesto – sundried tomato is my favourite!
I used tofu as the source of protein for this dish as I really love tofu at the moment. I prefer a firm tofu, so it holds together when I cook it. I often get people telling me it doesn’t taste of anything, but I actually love that it’s got such a neutral in taste. However, if you aren’t a fan of tofu (I know not everyone is!), then why not try chickpeas instead?
Without further ado, here’s the recipe. I guarantee you’ll have most of the ingredients in the fridge already!
Creamy Tofu One Pot
Time: 15 minutes
Gluten Free, Vegan
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 tsp. mixed dried herbs
- 150g plain tofu, chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp. Mr Organic Free From Grilled Pepper Stir-In Sauce
- 1 large or 1 small potatoes (approx. 200g)
- 1 medium courgette, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the potatoes into large chunks and place them into a pan of lightly salted water. Bring to the boil, simmer until tender (about 10 minutes) and then drain.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, heat the oil in a non-stick fry pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until beginning to soften.
- Add the tofu, courgette, herbs and grilled pepper sauce and mix everything together. Add a splash of water if it appears too dry.
- Serve straight away whilst still warm!
It's incredibly simple (I feel ashamed really calling it a recipe), but sometimes a little nudge is all the inspiration that you need to give something new a try. I'd love to know what you'd like to see here on My Life Is For Living. Quick mid week meals, breakfast bowls, healthy bakes? Let me know and I'll see what I can do! Either comment below or message me on Instagram and as usual, don't forget to tag me if you make any of my creations!
Until next time,